Tuesday 1 June 2010

The road of Santiago de Compostela.


My favorite trip, or one of my favorites (I can`t decide) is the Road of Santiago of Compostela.
That was something I did when I was 18 years old, and it was quite great experience. I took a plane, from England to Valladolid, Spain. After that I took a coach to Burgos and from there I star to walk, the next morging (at 5 am in the middle of a electric storm), and I walked from 18 days consecutive (without stop any day).
This is an old pilgrim way wich , theoretically, begins from the door and finish in the front of the grave of the apostle Santiago (in the cathedral of the city), in the south-west of Spain (Galicia).
I went alone, but there are some many people (sometime too much persons) , from all ages and countries, who do this, that you`r never really alone. Some pleople do it for religious matters, but the most (like myself) of the people walk the road of Santiago for, well, hundreds of reason`s, like spiritual, sports, cultural or who know what.
This road is special for several reason. Firts, i`d never walk that much in my life. It was more than 600 km (like 33 km per day). I visit very differents cities and landscapes, I meet grate people, specially one (who was very important for my; other story). It was very cheap (I spend like 10 euros every day, that`s nothing). I visist really old churchs and I learned a lot of Spanish history (also a lot of Christian history as well) and it was really good fun.

8 comments:

  1. Richiiii.. what a nice trip! I would like to go someday to Spain. I hope to do it some day.
    Do You think you were Moises?? jajajajjaa i'm so funny.
    see you tomorrow, bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations for your trip, I think our trips say a lot of what we are and our interests, so this one speaks well about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!, I admire your braveness for travelling so far alone. I also would like knowing this place.
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I would like to do that travel :)
    it`s like a physical travel but also a spiritual one.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. That brave to travel alone!, that is amazing and is good always meet people who are different, that make you more open and integral. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can believe that you travel alone! when i went to bolvia i meet people that travel alone too, and they told me that is an interesting experience

    ReplyDelete
  7. travel alone is a great experince...some people don`t understand but that make really spetial your trip because is a yourself trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good, Ricardo.

    2 points.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete